Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Digital Fluency Intensive Session 6 Collaborate - Enabling Access

Being ubiquitous - can the learner do it anywhere, at any time, and at any pace? 

We have spent some time this term already with Sharon, our Manaiakalani Outreach support person, at a staff meeting going through what is this and are achieving it. It was interesting to look at it as a team because we could show and prove it was working. Not only through our class site but through communication with parents. We have regular comments from parents about children going back on and going through their learning from the week.

We had to ask ourselves questions around why aren't more parents, families doing this - and how might we change this. One of the big points of discussion was, did they know about it and can they follow it. Making the link to today's DFI session really important as receiving feedback from someone on the outside, outside of your school domain giving that value feedback around how it looks, and how easy is it to follow.  I enjoyed receiving the feedback but also being able to give feedback to others. 

My school has made all 4 Hub sites consistent and there isn't a lot I can do about the font or layout of pages/ sidebar etc. changing. That's ok - I can just make sure the content is ubiquitous for all. 

I think we are always more critical of ourselves and before anyone had given me feedback about my site - I have decided what I want to change or modify. 

Today I would say it has been a fighting battle with the word 'buttons' and using pictures of teachers to create these buttons. Creating the buttons and uploading was not the battle, getting them to all be the same size was. Some of the pictures were rectangle-shaped and others square shaped - it just made it very hard to make them all the same size. My goal before DFI next week is to take new pictures (all the same) and then create the buttons from here. 


Another job I wanted to achieve today was uploading all the children's blog to our Hub site. All the children's names are there but we have not been given access to all the Year 3's and new children's blogs yet - so I will be adding the links when this is all sorted. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Olivia, I am hoping the battle with the buttons and photos has been settled. I was looking at your hub site yesterday too and I have to agree with Pare, it is very eye catching and easy to navigate. The consistency in hub appearance is great because students can easily navigate themselves around the sites when moving to other hubs. Hope you have had a great week. See you next Wednesday. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, we are going to be having a photo shoot for all Paiaka teachers on Tuesday. So I will fix up the buttons after that! Thank you - I think it is easy to navigate. Just feel we need a little for colours or something to quickly engage the reader!
    See you Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete