Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Digital Fluency Intensive Session 5 Collaborate - Sites

Even know it was raining in Christchurch today, being part of the DFI program this term ensures the sun, shines brightly when using digital technologies in class. 

As I have been in a Manaiakalani school for 2 years we are constantly talking and evaluating if we are considering what is:
  • Visible to the learner
  • Visible to the whānau
  • Visible to the teacher
  • Visible to colleagues
What I love when creating my planning, intentions, and outcomes is it is for everyone to see - it isn't something I want to hide. I know that creating my Learn, Create, Share every week is for me to know what I want the outcomes to be but also important that parents and children can go back to look at what was taught or created. Rewindable learning. 

It has been interesting in the last couple of weeks at school, we have had parents asking what their child's password is - they are trying to be COVID prepared - it has been a great conversion to get into as we made it clear to the parents you don't need your child's password to view any of the teaching content. It is great to see that they are thinking about, they want to be prepared which is nice.

Today was all about using google sites in our classrooms, I have been using a google site for a lot of my teaching career so I felt pretty comfortable having a play and creating a reading activity. Here is the link to my reading activity. Enjoy! 

This is also my Hub's site - all our learning for the year goes on here. 



Something I would like to try is putting more buttons on our Hub's site, I will talk to my team and see what they think. Across the school, our sites are very much all the same - I unsure if I will be able to. Watch this space!

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Olivia. It is lovely to read your reflection and your next steps with sites. Buttons are great and user friendly for our tamariki, their whanau and anyone wanting to view our sites. Parents wanting to be Covid prepared sounds great. This week our senior teaching team discussed preparing for lockdowns and switching over to learning from home smoothly. As Dorothy mentioned the other week, have lockdown/learning from home drills just like having a fire drill. Will the students know what to do, where to look on the site for their home learning activities and Google Meets. I am very grateful for digital technologies and being in the Manaiakalani cluster because switching to teaching from home is not a challenge for me and my students at all. Have a great week this week and thanks for your mahi and awesome contribution in our bubble space.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy - I enjoy being in our Bubble - talking about everything school. It's so nice to connect to others teachers from around New Zealand.

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Olivia,
    So awesome that you are having those conversations with whānau and are able to share with them, they don't need passwords to see their children's learning! Showing them that there is no barrier is awesome! Your reading page looks great, I'd love to get the link and have a look at it.
    Ngā mihi nui
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki, the link is linked in the post - let me know if it doesn't work. Thanks.

      Delete