Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Digital Fluency Intensive Session 4 Dealing with Data

Today was an action-packed lot of creating and sharing back that work! I have definitely learnt useful things today which I wasn't aware of or wasn't sure how to do. 

We had time to create a form, which I did already know how to use but it was nice to be able to have the time to play. Here is a link to my form on your favourite things. What are your favourite things? 

The next task was to learn and create using 'google my maps', I decided to record all the schools in my cluster and then added in a few more schools in Christchurch. Schools are an essential part of our community. Shout out to all the amazing teachers out there 😀


I use Google Sheets every day at school, but there are many things that I didn't know about - which was great to be able to learn and put into practice. I will definitely be sharing with the ladies in my team!

My blog archive graph is linked here, but also a screenshot is provided below. Emilie is a student in my Hub and School - it was interesting to see when she was posting the most. Particularly during lockdown and summer learning journey. 







6 comments:

  1. Hi Olivia,
    The maps were really interesting and I can see some great ways to use it with my students. I love coming away from these days with lots of ideas and seeing what everyone else creates.
    You did well to dive in deeper as to what was being posted - as someone else said in the whole group chat that it is about quality, not just quantity, so it's great that you looked into that.
    I look forward to seeing how your week goes implementing some of these with your students.

    Dian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dian - I am going to try using maps someone this week - just got to brainstorm where I can fit in it!
      See you next week.

      Delete
  2. Hi Olivia, did you get many responses for your form? What are the common favourite desserts? I like the look of your map on your blog. Really visible. My class are learning about measurement - length, perimeter and area. Today we used Google Earth to measure the area of our school field, perimeter of the roof of our senior building. We also had to prove a theory that international airports have a runway of about 3.6km. My students enjoyed these activities today. How are you going to use maps with your class? Look forward to hearing about it. Have a great weekend. See you next Wednesday.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many, just three - all three responses had different dessert favourites - mine is Cheesecake. Oh that sounds great! Unsure what I can do, I need to have a think about it. See you Wednesday.

      Delete
  3. Hi Olivia,
    Great work on last weeks DFI session. I'm glad that you picked up lots of new things and are looking forward to sharing your learning with others. It's really cool that your graph showed how Emilie was using blogging as a way to motivate herself and connect with others during lockdown.
    Nga mihi
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph
      Thanks for your message. I tried google my maps with the children today - they loved it! We just found their home and school. It's a starting point!
      Olivia.

      Delete