Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Digital Fluency Intensive Session 3 - Media

Having got a cold at the moment, I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my time than at today's DFI. I got the opportunity to play, play with using stop motion animation - the children at my school love using this - mainly for their PBL (project-based learning) but I have never really at the chance to play or try it myself. I enjoyed it! Refer to the below video for my under the sea animation.

 

YouTube learning today was interesting to hear how you can control what I or what children post as videos on YouTube. I am looking forward to investigating a little more around this and how I have used this effectively in my Year 3/4 classroom. 

Podcasting - Dorothy said it is the TREND and you need to get on it. This is one of my professional goals this year. I want to get my children to create a podcast or listening to other children podcasting. I haven't had the chance to try this yet in our Hub (still building on routines). I look forward to giving this is a go. 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Olivia, I hope you are feeling better today. Great animation you created. Also like the voice over. Let me know how you go with podcasting. When you say your hub is building on routines, are these routines with the use of devices in the hub?

    See you next Wednesday
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling better, still not 100% but I'm getting there. Thank you - I really enjoyed having a go with it. Devices and managing themselves in the Hub - its a big step up from what they are used to last year.

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Olivia,

    Love your animation! Especially the voice over. Phil who is our facilitator from Ako Hiko in Mt Roskill has done some podcasting with students, and is running a Toolkit on this next week. It might be useful for you?
    Ngā mihi nui
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete