Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Digital Fluency Intensive Session 2 - Work Flow

Today's session was all around how to manage your workflow effectively. From today I have taken away a deeper understanding of the Learn, Create, Share format. We use this daily in our school for managing planning and making sure the children have access to all of this on our Paiaka Hub Site. I find it such a valuable tool for all. 

Google Keep seems to be a great way to keep thoughts, useful links and have access to colleagues, family lists, to do's and also the shopping list. I look forward to being able to spend some more time going through this platform and using it to its full potential. 

I already use Workona to organised my Tabs - but wasn't aware I can share these with others. Looking forward to being able to share this with my team. I love seeing the children create bookmarks and also thinking that these are organised - when they really aren't. But I will definitely continue to try and demonstrate bookmarking and using folders to support their learning. 

Embedding videos is something which I spent a lot of time sorting and teaching to children last year. I am sure it is something we will continue this year - for children to be able to show videos on their blogs. 

Below is my video about connecting with someone in my bubble (google meet recording). Kristalee was my partner and we talked through the questions about learner blogs from 2020 Lockdown. 

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Olivia, it is great to read you are taking a lot of ideas away to put into use in your teaching practice. Well one on the recording activity with Kristalee and embedding your recording in your blog post. Enjoy exploring more tools as you work through the DFI course. Have a great week.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia, it is great talking with you and reading all of the successes you are having and it feels me with confidence as I am at the start of this journey with Manaiakalani. I too am looking forward to experimenting with Google Keep as it may help me stay more organised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Dian - looking forward to be able to get to know each other better. Let me know if I can ever help with anything.

      Delete