Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Digital Fluency Intensive Session 9 External Recognition

Today was the last session for DFI for this Term. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time learning new skills, trying these skills out, and then getting to know other teachers from around the country. Shout out to the members in my bubble who made the experience all that more memorable; Dian, Kristalee, Ianeta, Pare, Liana, and Amy my bubble leader. It has been great to be able to share your knowledge and hear your thoughts and how you are working on different elements in your schools. All the very best for the year ahead.

Today's DFI session was sitting the Level 1 Certificate Google Exam - I was a little nervous before sitting it but once it started and I worked my way through the questions I began to feel at ease in what I already knew and had learned in the previous 8 weeks. Fingers crossed my result comes through soon - and it's a pass!

DFI teachers have supported me to acquire fluency using the basic tools when teaching our young people. I strongly believe they have delivered a great program where all of us will take something into our teaching practice in the future.

I have enjoyed being supported to understand how digital technologies can be used to effectively impact and accelerate achievement outcomes. I now know how to conditional format on google sheets and have been successfully using this with learning progressions in my team.

How great it has been to understand how the Manaiakalani pedagogy and kaupapa have been co-constructed over more than a decade to maximize the impact of effective teaching and learning in a digital learning environment. I have really taken a lot away from what we do and why we do it.

Some of the highlights I will take away from this course are:
  • Using Google Keep (didn't know about it and now use it all the time)
  • Planning for multi-model texts (using the google sheet for inspiration)
  • Understanding conditional formatting on google sheets
  • Using my blog to share my thought and what I have learned, I will definitely be continuing this.
Thank you to everyone who has made this course possible, and available to all teachers in Manaiakalani schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment